Re: Nvidia and its choice to read the GPL "differently"

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 12:37:05 EST

> That's not nice at all. Just where
> did you get your network stack from? How about the bulk of the
> hardware drivers?
>
> The TCP/IP implementation in the Hurd comes from Linux, but the Hurd
> as a whole is very different from Linux. (There are no drivers in the
> Hurd.)

Gimme a break. You have drivers someplace and you got them from Linux
and you got the networking stack from Linux, so either call it Linux/Hurd
or back off on your constant GNU/Linux crap.

It is the ultimate in hypocrisy to ask others for something you aren't
willing to do yourself. I, for one, will remind you of this every time
you bring up GNU/Linux in this list. It won't go away, I'll make sure
of that. It's just pathetic what you are doing and I'll happily shine
a spotlight on it until you change your tune or go away.

--
---