Re: fs corruption with 2.4.20 IDE+md+LVM

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom (chrome@real-time.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 11:21:04 EST

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:02:02PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> You are reporting problems in 2.4.20. 2.4.20 doesn't have the revamped IDE...

I know. which is why I put that comment after the section of my mail
regarding md bugs in 2.4.21

> The IDE is getting updated because
>
> - Lots of new controllers dont work with the old code
> - Lots of LBA48 problems exist with the older code
> - SATA is right out with the older code
> - Several existing controllers have weird bugs with the older code
>
> I'd much prefer we didn't have to update the IDE too 8)

ok. I didn't see an extensive discussion of this on any of the kernel-digest
forums (kerneltrap, kernel traffic).
I'll trust that you're doing the right thing, and try to avoid stepping in
any other flamebait. ;)

Carl Soderstrom.

--
Systems Administrator