Re: E7205/E7505 support in 2.4

From: Dave Jones (davej@codemonkey.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 10:30:48 EST

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:20:26PM +0000, Stephen Thomas wrote:

> I notice that 2.5 kernels now have explicit support for this
> chipset, while 2.4 don't seem to. So, if I ran a 2.4 kernel
> on such a machine, would it a) not work, b) work fine, or
> c) work OK but not as well as it could do?

The only part I'm aware of in 2.5 is the AGPGART support which
recently got added. 2.4 lacks AGP3.0 support which this relies
upon, so in 2.4 you'll get unaccelerated 3d (DRI won't work)
unless you add the 2.4 patch that was posted a while back.

Jeff Hartmann has been working on agpgart silently all this time,
and aparently has AGP3.0 patches for 2.4 pending, so it could
turn around quite soon.

                Dave