Re: kernel .config support?

From: Miles Bader (miles@gnu.org)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 10:02:19 EST

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 08:15:07AM +0100, Paul Rolland wrote:
> > probability of a feature printing a copyright notice at init
> > time is inversely proportional to its importance!]
>
> This can be removed too, in fact I don't care. I just put it because many
> others are doing so

That's the problem.... :-)

I understand why people do this -- it's nice to see your name pop up and get
a bit credit -- but really, there are simply too many people working on linux
for it to really make sense.

I wish someone with a bit of pull would go through and just trash the whole
lot, leaving just the printks that give actual useful information (and even
those could often do with quite a bit of pruning)...

[I'm too chicken to brave the flames that would probably result from trying]

-Miles

--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.