doubt in netlink sockets

From: madanagopal (madan@nmsworks.co.in)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 03:09:58 EST

 Please CC the answers/comments in response to this posting to me.

    I read about netlink sockets from the URL :
         http://qos.ittc.ukans.edu/netlink/html/node16.html

    I also tried the sample program given there to add a new route to the
routing table but it is not working(ie the program is compiling properly but
output is not coming). I tried to see the output by executing the
        route -n
   command to see whether the new route is being added but nothing got
added. I also downloaded iproute2 code and compared the given code in
the website with iproute2 code but found no differences. I am attaching
that file. Please execute and see whether it is
working. If it is not working please tell me what changes should be made.