Re: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?

From: Richard Stallman (rms@gnu.org)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 22:25:30 EST

    I think that everyone knows the connection between the Linux kernel and GNU.

I wish that were true. Most of the people who know about the system
have heard of "Linux" but they have not heard of GNU. Geeks often
think they know, but what they know is often wrong; for instance, they
often say that "GNU is the name of a collection of tools that are used
in Linux." (See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#tools.)