Re: Honest does not pay here ...

From: Andrew McGregor (andrew@indranet.co.nz)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 22:14:31 EST

--On Sunday, January 05, 2003 19:15:24 -0500 "Trever L. Adams"
<tadams-lists@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 19:01, Andrew McGregor wrote:
>> I've had some discussion with an ex-NVidia guy who was there while they
>> were doing the driver release.

> I expect that IP is expensive to buy. Anyway, thank you for explaining
> the Nvidia situation to me. I really hope they do figure out some
> things soon. (Even if that is just how to make kernels with their
> modules loaded more stable and easier to debug.)

Well, there are people working on it. I seem to be one of the few people
for whom a 2.5.x + nvidia kernel really scratches an itch. (for me, it's
my laptop + kernel IPSEC)

There are patches at www.minion.de that make things stable up to 2.5.53.
.54 broke it again, but that will be fixed shortly.

Andrew