Re: updated CDROMREADAUDIO DMA patch

From: J.A. Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 18:54:41 EST

On 2003.01.06 Nuno Monteiro wrote:
> [First of all, excuse me for breaking the thread, I had already deleted
> your original mail when I ran into this. Sorry for the inconvenience :)]
>
> On January 4th 2003 Andrew Morton wrote:
> > A refresh and retest of this patch, against 2.4.21-pre2. It would
> > be helpful if a few (or a lot of) people could test this, and report
> > on the result. Otherwise it'll never get anywhere...
>
> Ok, I tested it earlier on today and I ran into an oops & kernel panic. I
> can read audio cd's just fine (using xmms, gtcd, whatever) for hours, but
> whenever I try to rip anything using cdparanoia, it goes down south.
>
> This is 2.4.21-pre2aa2 with some reiserfs fixes Hans posted on lkml a
> while ago, mind you, and not vanilla 2.4.21-pre2. The patch applied
> cleanly, though -- not even with offset. Its a run-of-the-mill 48x cdrom
> (dont even know the brand), connected as slave on the primary IDE
> channel, which is a PIIX4. Let me know if you need any other info!

Just a me-too, but with the old version. If I try to rip anything with
grip (using cdda2wav as backend), the box just locks. No SysRq.
Curious: one other PIIX4.

Still have to try with this new version.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon@able.es>      \                 Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es                         \           It's better when it's free