Re: Linux iSCSI Initiator, OpenSource (fwd) (Re: Gauntlet Set NOW!)

From: NEURONET (sz@neuronet.hu)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 22:26:47 EST

> The fact that a piece of kernel functionality happens to be inlined
> is a pure technical detail of linkage.

Absolutely.

> If there really is inlined functionality which we do not wish made
> available to non-GPL modules then it should be either uninlined and
> not exported or it should be wrapped in #ifdef GPL.

I don't even think there should be any such case,
as the real point in having LGPL is, supposedly, to
support *interfacing*, so using headers (source-code
*interfaces*) and linking to stuff (binding binary
*interfaces*) should be just fine under LGPL (or a
better LGPL? IGPL? dunno the details that deep, sorry).

Sab