Re: writing from kernel

From: Christian Vogel (vogel@skunk.physik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 11:27:11 EST

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 04:02:55PM -0000, anil vijarnia wrote:
> can anyone tell me how to write into i file from kernel space.
> i tried sys_open,sys_write functions bbbbbut they don't work
> from my module.

As far as I understand the general oppinion on this list :-) the
preferred method is to have your module preset a character-device
to userspace. Then use a small program to do the I/O.

This normally keeps your kernel module simple and allows for
arbitrary compex I/O in userspace.

        Chris

--
No keyboard present