Re: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in non-free drivers?

From: Werner Almesberger (wa@almesberger.net)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 01:00:07 EST

Shane R. Stixrud wrote:
> I see a possible future where software development is seen much like
> getting your roof repaired, or adding a new room on to your house.
> It's labor+materials.

Exactly. Whenever somebody figures out a way to make some work
process more efficient, invariably a group of people will predict
imminent doom if this model catches on, and they will have plenty
of compelling reasons why the old way is vastly superior.

Well, I certainly feel terribly cheated by the cruel world that
has pretty much obsoleted the career choice "weaver" ;-))

- Werner