Re: Question about Zone Allocation 2.4.X

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 19:30:06 EST

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:32:18PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> I also just reviewed the changes to the mmu code mode by Ingo -- very ugly
> stuff. Looks like both changes are required to get this working properly
> since without the PDE being setup properly, we'll get page faults since the
> AS above 1GB is not mapped by the mmu.

Not a big deal. Just kmap()/kunmap() or kmap_atomic()/kunmap_atomic()
as needed. Physical address extensions and this kind of windowing has
been around long enough to just be "there", not ugly, pretty, or
interesting. It should all be well enough understood these days that
either myself or a few dozen others could help there.

Bill