Re: Raw data from dedicated kernel bug database

From: Martin J. Bligh (mbligh@aracnet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 21:39:27 EST

Alan:
> I don't care. I care that people have the ability to take the data and
> do clever stuff with it. I don't care what tools they use so long as
> they can choose what tools they use.

Tim:
> The data is there for everybody. As long as we can automate the
> extraction I don't see any issue with multiple people extracting
> and using with other tools. Data and manure only work if you
> can spread it around.

OK - cool. Sounds like people are happy ;-)

Larry, can I presume that you'll reciprocate, and export whatever you
do to the data in BK in some argument-free format (probably the same
one we export to you)? That's what I was getting at by talking about
GPL style licenses ... perhaps not particularly coherently ;-)

I think the concerns I had about tools going wild are actually fairly
easy to resolve by making it a pull-pull interchange ... don't know
why I was thinking of push models.

Thanks,

M.