Problems radeonfb, again...

From: Daniel Golle (daniel@exil.afraid.org)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 13:46:32 EST

I'm running an ATI OEM (Xelo) Radeon 8500 with a NEC MultiSync 1535VI
panel connected via DVI-D. X runs well with the latest fglrx driver
from ATI as well as with the OpenSource radeon driver. When booting,
the framebuffer does not initialize (see below). With older versions of
ATI's driver (fglr200) I also had problems with the
panel-size-detection, too: I had to start X 3 to 10 times before it
started fine. Once running, there were no further probs.
Is there a possebility to skip the auto-detection of the panel size at
boot time by setting it manual (via bootparams or compiling it into the
kernel)?