RE:Re: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?

From: Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 13:10:42 EST

NVidia would not go under, but if they did, you would still have drivers for it.

Dean. Three ways to kill yourself, and ive been drove in one...

On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:13:28 -0500 Mark Rutherford <mark@justirc.net> wrote:

attached mail follows:

OK....
I have a suggestion..
We all concede (with the exception of a few) that Nvidia did nothing wrong with
including headers in their driver.
I dont think they did...
I use their product, and it works well for me.
I would LOVE to see Nvidia open source, but that might just drive a nail in the
right place for them.. and they go under.
We cannot force our ideas on a company, all they will do is turn and walk away.
We can show them our way, if they like it, good. if not, we tried.
I think we have tried, and I think Nvidia is well aware of our way here.
Now, on to the suggestion!

lets let this thread die. its been argued before, over and over.
please?

Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Hell.Surfers,
>
> On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:
>
> > You must understand the GNU/LINUX community is being manipulated by NVidia.
>
> NVIDIA Corporate Office:
> 2701 San Tomas Expressway
> Santa Clara, CA 95050
> Tel: 408-486-2000
> Fax: 408-486-2200
> info@nvidia.com
> Directions to Corporate Office
>
> > Dean. Three ways to kill yourself, and ive been drove in one...
>
> GO FOR IT!
>
> I will love to see the fall out.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andre Hedrick