Re: GPL and Nvidia

From: Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 13:05:32 EST

and how would it work otherwise? without GPL include/files? magic? divine act of god?

Dean. Three ways to kill yourself, and ive been drove in one...

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 14:35:10 -0200 (BRST) Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

attached mail follows:

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:

> lets see, In Britain we dont have "lawyers" we have solicitors, "no
> legal ground" yes I do have legal ground, having the hardware is
> irrelevent, I have the drivers, the "improperly" licensed drivers as
> they are, I dont discriminate againtst nvidia users, I am unhappy I cant
> help them with those modules, they include GPL routines

Where is your proof that nvidia includes copyrightable GPL
routines in their driver ?

Without such proof, you have no grounds to make an accusation
against nvidia.

Yes, I am at times annoyed by getting reports about "kernel bugs"
that turn out to be caused by the nvidia driver, but that doesn't
change the fact that that driver is made by nvidia and they get
to decide if and how they want to publish it.

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://guru.conectiva.com/
Current spamtrap:  <a href=mailto:"october@surriel.com">october@surriel.com</a>