Re: ide harddisk freeze WDC WD1800JB vs VIA VT8235

From: Mark Rutherford (mark@justirc.net)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 10:59:58 EST

Q: are you using cables with a slave connector, but its not in use?
I had this problem, with this chipset and it turned out that it didnt like
having
a long 80 wire cable with a loose connector
I got a round cable with just 2 connectors, 1 for the board and 1 for the
drive....
never locked again.
I thought it to be strange as well.
but with my setup it happened more frequently, say once every 2-3 hours.
hope this is of any help.

--
Regards,
Mark Rutherford