Re: nforce2 and agpgart

From: Carl D. Blake (carl@boeckeler.com)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 13:55:16 EST

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 16:19, Bongani Hlope wrote:
...snip...

> It was once posted on this list that the NForce is similar to some
> existing hardware. hence the sound driver uses the Intel i810 audio
> driver. I guess if you can search through the archive you might find
> that discussion. If you do find it and _are_ clued-up enough, then you
> can look at drivers/char/agp/agpgart_be.c approximately line 3900 they
> start defining which drivers to use for which bus.

This sounds like a possibility. However, I cannot find any discussion
about what hardware the nforce2 chipset is similar to. I just need to
know if the agp portion of the chipset is similar to something else.
Can anybody point to that information? From what I can determine the
device that is used is the host bridge.

--
Carl D. Blake
Director of Engineering