Re: CPU failures ... or something else ?

From: Billy Rose (billyrose@billyrose.net)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 22:31:27 EST

> Oh and by the way, this is a dell poweredge 2450, dual 866 p3 cpus,
> 2gigs ram, and using a PERC 3/D. I have a 2.4.1 system running on
> _identical_ hardware with no problems, and this system that is
> MCE'ing is a 2.4.16.

try reseating the cpu's and vrm's. if that doesnt work, remove cpu #2
and #2 vrm. run it and see if the error occurs. if no error, #2 cpu or
#2 vrm is bad. if the error still occurs, swap out cpu #1 and #1 vrm
with cpu #2 and #2 vrm, then run again. if the error still occurs,
youre SOL.

billy

=====
"there's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad...
and there it goes..." -bobby