Re: [BUG] 2.4 series: IDE driver

From: Ro0tSiEgE (lkml@ro0tsiege.org)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 20:53:49 EST

Sorry, the kernel is 2.4.21-pre2. At first I had ACPI enabled, and it would
not boot at all. The last kernel message was showing the ACPI info (release
version, etc) and it just froze right there, no oops or anything. Now I have
no power management whatsoever compiled in and I'm getting the hard drive
errors. I can't boot it long enough to d/l hdparm to turn off DMA. I turned
"32-bit I/O" off in the BIOS, now it locks within seconds of completely
booting up. Any help is appreciated.