Debugging "cpu freezes"

From: Michael (soppscum@online.no)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 13:56:26 EST

I'm wondering what the procedure for debugging instances where the computer freezes completly, when sysRQ doesn't even work.
Since I know how to reproduce(and workaround for daily use) a complete system freeze in 2.4.X, don't know if I can explain how, but for example booting the knoppix live-cd to kde would be a perfect way of freezing it(after moving a few windows)
(Not using KDE reduces the risk of it freezing greatly)