Re: Patch for ide-tape driver

From: Alan Stern (stern@rowland.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 16:15:28 EST

On 10 Dec 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 20:03, Alan Stern wrote:
> > Attached are patch files for both 2.4.20 and 2.5.50. Please apply them
> > when you have a chance.
>
> 2.4.21pre1 has updated IDE core code so it probably wants a bit of a
> resync before it can go in. The 2.5.50 one is matching the 2.4.21pre1
> IDE core so it shouldnt be too bad.

All right. I cloned Marcelo's 2.4 tree from bkbits.net this morning, and
sure enough, there are numerous changes with respect to the distribution
version of 2.4.20. I have updated my patch for the ide-tape driver
accordingly and attached it. Please don't tell me that yet more changes
have been made in the meantime -- it's very difficult to hit a moving
target! :-)

So far as I am aware, there have not been any changes to the 2.5.50
version of the driver, so the patch file I submitted earlier should still
apply.

Alan Stern

P.S.: It is a considerable nuisance having to clone an entire kernel tree
just to get the current version of one file. Can anyone tell me if there
is a quicker, less bandwidth-intensive way of accomplishing the same
thing?