Re: [RFC] LSM fix for stupid "empty" functions

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@wirex.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 03:17:54 EST

Greg KH wrote:

>I'm _really_ tired of all of the "empty" functions that all security
>modules need to provide. So here's a brute force patch that lets any
>security module only set the functions that it wants to override. If
>the function is NULL, then the "dummy" function will be used instead.

Sounds good to me. So you're just creating a default null function, and
then stuffing all the stubs with a pointer to that function?

>Comments welcome (if there are none, I'll send it on to Linus.)

I suggest holding that post to Linus until Tuesday am. Lots of people
are likely taking a long weekend away from software, and won't see your
post until Monday morning.

Thanks,
    Crispin

--