Re: [RELEASE] module-init-tools 0.8

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 17:49:09 EST

On Thu, 2002-11-28 12:09:51 -0500, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
wrote in message <Pine.LNX.3.96.1021128115833.12997A-100000@gatekeeper.tmr.com>:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> The new module stuff has been in for about three weeks now, many people
> are having problems with it, and I have yet to see a single post praising
> the *actual* benefits. Will there be a time when this is reverted and
> rescheduled for a future release (2.7?) or is this a do-or-die feature?

It's not only that i386 is b0rked to some degree. Ever looked at some
other architectures? Again, most (if not all) won't compile again. Eg.
last Alpha kernel which worked for me (TM) was 2.5.44...

MfG, JBG

   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet!
   Shell Script APT-Proxy: http://lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/software/ap2/