modules.conf entry help

From: Andrew Park (apark@cdf.toronto.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 18:29:32 EST

I feel silly asking this, but ...

I have hooked up my linux box to FC RAID using qlogic card. The module
I need to load is qlogicfc.o and then devices will map to /dev/sde[1234]
and /dev/sdf[1234]. Now the problem is that I just cannot get the module
to load during the boot time. So when it tries to mount some of these
devices to a mount point, it fails. I have been altering the entry
in /etc/modules.conf to various different things (such as scsi_hostadapter1
qlogicfc, scsi2 qlogicfc, block-major-8 qlogicfc, etc) to see if it'll
succeed, but to no avail. Manually inserting the module after the boot
works. I do not want to put it in rc.local - it just doesn't seem elegant.
Anyone know a good way of doing this?
Thanks

Andrew Park