Compiler & Statically Linked Question

From: Richard B. Tilley (rtilley@vt.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 13:50:19 EST

Hello,

I would like to start running some of the 2.5.x kernels for testing
purposes on a wide selection (about 12 machines) of Intel x86 PCs that I
have collected for testing purposes.

I would like to have one build machine where I build a kernel and then
use that kernel on all of the test PCs. I do not want to build a kernel
for each machine.

The PCs have very different hardware and I'd like to play around with
different c libraries on these PCs. So, what would be the best way to
build a kernel that would work in this type of environment?

Thank you,

Brad