Re: [BUG] open file descriptors remain after threaded exit() in 2.5.44

From: Matthew Wilcox (willy@debian.org)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 16:25:02 EST

thanks for cc'ing the file locking maintainer or the linux-fsdevel
mailing lists. you know, like it says in MAINTAINERS. after all, if
you'd done that you might've got a reply telling you it's a known bug,
and even a workaround. as it is, i have no idea what Dave Olien's email
address is, so i can't send him mail.

i have a patch, it passes the LTP when run on a local filesystem, but
not over NFS which is why I haven't publicised it yet. Thanks to OSDL
for giving me access to machines to test this kind of thing on.

ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/willy/patches/flock-2.5.49-2.diff

note, do not use NFS when using this patch. really; i mean it. somehow
i managed to corrupt thread_info.cpu causing _udelay_ to oops.