ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

From: Justin Hibbits (jrh29@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 16:12:47 EST

Hey guys,

I'm not subscribed right now, but I have a major problem. For some reason,
sometimes when I startup either gpm or X, my keyboard gets remapped, so that
several of the keys return keycode 0x70 or 0x71, while others return 0x56, and
the rest return extended e0/e1 keycodes. I'm unsure why this happens. It
started happening when I installed dri drivers off dri.sf.net, but even after
removing those drivers, deleting the kernel source tree, and starting from
scratch, it still happens. I'm at a loss, so if someone can shed some light on
this, I'd be grateful.
this happens sporadically, so not exactly sure what the problem is. Hopefully
this won't happen when I get a USB mouse/keyboard for christmas :) /me crosses
fingers.

Thanks in advance,

Justin Hibbits

--
Registered Linux user 260206

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promo Ad "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler

I'm not paranoid. They really *are* out to get me!