Re: [LIST] large local declarations

From: Roland Dreier (roland@digitalvampire.org)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 01:25:06 EST

>>>>> "dan" == dan carpenter <error27@email.com> writes:

    dan> I have a smatch script (smatch.sf.net) that finds the the
    dan> size of local variables. I created an allyesconfig with
    dan> 2.5.48 and tested it. These were the functions that declared
    dan> local datas with size of 5 digits or more (in bits).

This is a minor complaint, but... why do you report the data sizes in
bits? I find myself forced to mentally divide every size by 8. Every
variable (obviously) has a size that's a whole number of bytes. Why
not just report bytes?

Best,
  Roland