Strange relations between scsi emulation and networking code.

From: Filip djMedrzec Zyzniewski (lkml@filip.eu.org)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 15:22:09 EST

Hey,

That is my first mail here :). I get strange problems recording a cd. It
almost completely locks my network traffic.
Sometimes it seems that only TCP is locked, and UDP is fine, sometimes
everything is fine, and somethimes nothing gets through my link.

Hw & sw:

recorder: Teac CD-W58E
internet link: through RS232 interface

software:
kernel: 2.4.18, 2.4.19.
pppd: 2.4.1b2
cdrtools: 1.11a35

I'm using a recorder with scsi-emulation. Additional small problem is that
sometimes (unmounted) cd wouldn't open, and I need to cdrecord -eject.

Kernel logs are clean.

my kernel .config is here: http://www.src.filip.eu.org/kernel/config

I find it hard to trace this problem, that's why I am writing here :).

regards,

Filip djMedrzec Zyzniewski