Re: Compiling x86 with and without frame pointer

From: David Zaffiro (davzaffiro@netscape.net)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 04:30:49 EST

I use -momit-leaf-frame-pointer for optimization in some own projects,
instead of the "-fomit-frame-pointer". For me, this results in better
codesize/speed compared to both "-fomit-frame-pointer" or no option at
all. Actually gcc-2.95 seems to support this feature as well, but it
never made it into the 2.95 docs... It makes debugging a lot easier too.

So anyone "caring to benchmark", could you please test the
"-momit-leaf-frame-pointer" option for x86 as well...