Re: TAINTED (Re: spinlocks, the GPL, and binary-only modules)

From: Giacomo Catenazzi (cate@debian.org)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 04:13:00 EST

> If Linux is to truly only a GPL binary module friendly environment, then
> it must enforce the rules. Therefore it must forcablely reject the
> attempt to load any and all binaries which are not GPL. Regardless if the
> license is commerial yet the source code is available.

Read GPL!
I can modify/create *private* and completly *non-free* code, and link to GPL,
legally. [I cannot distribute it, but kernel should not block me!]
  nvidia unfortunatly use this, to not to disclose the complete sources]
And I can use an other OSI approved license, GPL compatible,
but if it is not yet recognized by kernel? Should kernel include all free
licences strings?

ciao
        giacomo