Re: AIC7xxx driver build failure

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 18:02:17 EST

> On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 07:30, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>> > The AIC 7xxx driver fails to build because the Makefile fails to
>> > specify the correct include path to aicasm.
>> >
>> > Justin, are you getting this?
>>
>> No, because this bug doesn't exist in the latest version of the driver
>> in my tree or the last set of patches I sent to Linus (a month ago??).
>
> Care to send me the stuff Linus has dropped ?

Updated aic7xxx and aic79xx drivers for 2.4 and 2.5 can be found here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/tarballs

Notable changes:

o Both drivers support Domain Validation
o Memory mapped I/O is now a config option
o New memory mapped I/O register test that will hopefully
  weed out broken VIA chipsets
o The reboot notifier hook has been disabled. The driver wants
  to shut itself down prior to reboot, but the reboot notifier is
  now called too early in 2.5.X for this to be effective. It looks
  like it might be possible for the driver to grow a device shutdown
  routine, but it was not obvious with a quick look at this new feature
  how to ensure that the [sd, sr, etc.] driver's shutdown routines
  would be called prior to the aic7xxx driver's routine. Some guidance
  in this area would be appreciated.
o Tag depth changes are now communicated to the midlayer.

--
Justin