Re: Oracle 9.2 OOMs again at startup in 2.5.4[78]

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 14:26:39 EST

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Alessandro Suardi wrote:

> The web interface seems to be at fault (or is it your fingers ;)
> from my saved mail with Linus and yourself I have...

No, what is at fault is thinking that the BK revision numbers mean
anything. They don't.

A BK revision number is _purely_ local to the tree it was gotten off, and
will be meaningless after a merge of two trees have happened. The only
thing that really means anything in BK is the "ChangeSet key", which is a
truly unique identifier, and is painful as hell to type because of that.

In this case, the key for the changeset that Alessandro was talking about
is

        torvalds@home.transmeta.com|ChangeSet|20020529050157|61124

(currently revision 1.373.214.73 in my tree) and the key for the fix is

        hugh@veritas.com|ChangeSet|20021001154212|00224

(currently 1.573.94.1 in my tree).

You can see the key's with "bk changes -k", or if you want to see a
combination of keys etc you can do more fancy stuff (I used

        bk changes -d":KEY: ':REV:'\n:AUTHOR:\n:COMMENTS:\n" | less

to search for comments and key information, in case you care).

Thus endeth BK 101.

                Linus