Re: [LTP] Re: LTP - gettimeofday02 FAIL

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 09:24:25 EST

Paul Larson <plars@linuxtestproject.org> writes:

> This has been noticed, I've posted to lkml about it. The only person
> who replied to me seems to be suggesting it is a hardware issue, but I
> can't believe it is impossible to work around.

It is very hard to solve properly and efficiently. When you search the
list archives you will find long threads about the problem
(search for "TSC" and gettimeofday and perhaps HPET or cyclone). Last one
was one or two weeks ago.

The problem has been there always in some way in linux, now it is just
exposed in LTP because it tests for it.

-Andi