Keyboard Controller / KDB problem on 2.4.18

From: Sachin Sant (sachinsant@rediffmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 01:07:47 EST

I am having problem with KDB + 2.4.18-3 SMP kernel . When i come
out of KDB ,i loose control over keyboard and mouse. I can't
switch between consoles using keyboard , neither can i use the
mouse. The machine appears to be in a semi-hung state , as i am
able to telnet to this machine. Via telnet session if i restart
the gpm service , i get back the control of keyboard and mouse.
      I tested KDB with 2.5 kernel and found that this problem
does not occur with 2.5 kernel. The KDB code seems pretty much the
same for 2.4 and 2.5 kernel. As for the keyboard controller code ,
2.5 is a complete re-write over 2.4 code.
      So as far as 2.5 kernel is concerned the above problem with
KDB seems to be fixed by the rewrite of keyboard controller
code.
      Is anyone aware of any fix for the KDB hang problem on
2.4.18 kernel ? Is there a patch for keyboard controller which i
can apply over 2.4.18 code to get rid of this KDB hang problem.

Thanks
-Sachin