Re: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.

From: Khoa Huynh (khoa@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 12:19:36 EST

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@dSD4okOiGmLGDcqOTpQPFQ==

>and that will always work and never get you different data.

Thanks. Back when we were setting up the OSDL kernel bugzilla, I thought
about having a direct, unique URL link between the bugzilla bug reports
and csets in BK, but could not find anything -- like you said, the revs
changes as you move the changesets from one repository to another. So
I am very happy that you are going to provide a unique URL link for each
cset. Please let me know when you get this done and we will have
a separate field (called "Changeset Link") in kernel bugzilla to hold this.

We expect that bug owners, after putting their patches into BK, will obtain
the cset "name", and enter it into the "Changeset Link" field in the bug
report. After hitting the "Commit" button, the kernel bugzilla will
translate the cset "name" into a URL link like you indicated above.

This would allow people to view bugs, and if there are already fixes in
BK for those bugs, they can get directly to the fixes (changesets).

Khoa