char driver or miscellaneous driver

From: arun4linux (arun4linux@indiatimes.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 07:05:24 EST

Hello,
  I'm writing a driver for a scanner interface card.
  I'm not sure which class of driver is appropriate for this, character driver or miscellaneous driver.

  It would be helpful, if I could get to know what are the difference between them and when to use what?

  At the moment, I'm proceding with character driver model and I don't find any problem as such.

  Hoping to get to know the differences between character and miscellaneous drivers.

  Have a nice time.
Warm Regards
Arun