Patch: linux-2.5.47/arch/alpha/kernel/pci.c - do not directly set pci_dev.dma_mask where possible

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 09:38:42 EST

        pcibios_fixup_final in linux-2.5.47/arch/alpha/kernel/pci.c
directly sets pci_dev->dma_mask instead of calling pci_set_dma_mask.
pci_dev.dma_mask may be moved soon (probably to
pci_dev.device.dma_mask). So, applying this patch will reduce or
eliminate the need to change this code when that happens, and it will
be one less change to maintain between 2.4 and 2.5+ kernels.

        I am not quite sure who to directly alpha architecture patches
to, so I'm sending this to the authors listed in the file and to lkml.
If there is a more appropriate address to submit this to, I would
appreciate it if someone would let me know. Otherwise, I'd ask
that someone who actually uses Linux on Alpha give this patch a
whirl and submit it to Linus if it works.

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035