Re: aty128fb.c does not compile in linux 2.5.46

From: Matt Reppert (arashi@arashi.yi.org)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 14:40:59 EST

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 19:04:05 +0200
Neilen Marais <brick@adept.co.za> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I don't know if its currently considered important, but just for the
> record.
> Please CC any replies to me, since I am not subscribed to the list.
>
> I'm running an AMD Duron/Via kt133, with Debian testing. Nothing
> unusual that
> I am aware of. If I choose to use the ATI Rage128 framebuffer console,
> I get
> the following compile error:

Yep. There was a recent fbdev API rewrite, not all of the drivers have
been converted yet. (The radeonfb driver, eg, does this too.)

You can fix it by looking at the changesets from the PPC Bitkeeper tree
at http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linuxppc-2.5 ... the changes are fairly
straightforward, I did this and got radeonfb working under 2.5.45.

Matt