linux kernel conf 0.9

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 15:06:35 EST

Hi,

At http://www.xs4all.nl/~zippel/lc/ you can find as usual the latest
version of the new config system.
I still haven't got a single mail from someone who tried it and didn't
like it, what makes me a bit nervous :), so if you think something must
be wrong, now is your last chance. Next version will go to Linus.
Changes:
- as alternative suggestion for the config name I used "Kconfig" this
time. I tried "Config", but somehow that's terrible to do find for, as
one gets to many false positives. Even with a capital 'C' there are
still these:
Documentation/networking/Configurable
scripts/Configure
(ok, the latter will go away :) ).
- kbuild fixes (many thanks to Sam Ravnborg), I only added the clean
targets.
- the back end is now generated as shared library and loaded by qconf at
run time.
- small syntax change: "depends on", "requires" is also accepted besides
"depends", generated is "depends on".
- conf displays the help text again.
- the behaviour difference in qconf between qt2 and qt3, when all
symbols are shown, is fixed.

bye, Roman