Re: Strange load spikes on 2.4.19 kernel

From: Rob Mueller (robm@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 01:37:55 EST

> If it was this, one would expect it to happen every time you'd written
> 0.75 * 192 Mbytes to the filesystem. Which seems about right.
>
> Easy enough to test though.

Hmmm, so why wouldn't the journal be flushing more regularly (the 5 seconds
it's claiming in desg), or is that something we should ask on the ext3 list?
Apart from remounting the filesystem, is there any easy way to test this
(again, silly mounted as /, so I think it's a reboot every time to try a new
mounting configuration?)

Thanks

Rob