Re: BK is *evil* corporate software [was Re: New BK License Problem?]

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 02:31:43 EST

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 01:03:55AM +0100, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> ps. From my limited experience, the hard part in writing a program
> like BK isn't quantifiable in $$. One talented and motivated
> programmer probably _could_ develop BK in 6 months given all the right
> environment, input, skills, motivations and history. But their salary
> is the smallest part of that. How likely are you to _find_ a person
> who's specifically interested and skilled in developing high quality
> SCM systems, and who's been refining the ideas for the last 10 years?

Ehmmm. I think your're talking about BitMover. The talented guy with the
vision is called Larry, and he's still using over 200 man-months to
develop the b*tch...

                                Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
* The Worlds Ecosystem is a stable system. Stable systems may experience *