GL620USB-A - searching for owner of this hardware (USB-to-USB cable)

From: Stanislav Brabec (utx@penguin.cz)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 14:06:11 EST

Hallo all,

I am searching for any owner of USB cable or mainboard containing chip
GL620USB-A, which is _not connected_ to VIA USB hub on any side.

I have a request for a small test, which will help me to trace down
problem - whether found bug is problem of VIA USB driver or GL620USB-A
driver.

There is a test:

1) Verify, whether your USB hub (mainboard) is not VIA. If it is VIA (on
one or both sides), you cannot do this test.

If it is not VIA, you can continue:

2) Please do a few ping and flood ping tests (must be root) and let me
know results (percent of lost packets):

Normal ping tests:
ping -s 2952 second_machine
ping -s 2953 second_machine
(Needed to collect only few packets.)

Ad flood ping tests:
ping -c 1000 -f second_machine
ping -c 1000 -s 2952 -f second_machine
ping -c 1000 -s 2953 -f second_machine

If there is a packet loss, please try both USB hub drivers (UHCI and
alternate UHCI).

Thanks to all for support

--
Stanislav Brabec