initrd's ramdisk mounted in read-only mode

From: Yaroslav Popovitch (yp@sot.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 10:14:28 EST

Hmm. I was making boot image for CD with kernel-2.4.19 and found that
ramdisk is mounted in read-only mode. On previous kernel 2.4.12 it was
working ok.

I passed "rw" option according to initrd documentation and ramdisk was
mounted in rw modes.
I checked mount points by "cat /proc/mounts" and found that
         /dev/rootfs mounted on /
        /dev/root /

If /dev/rootfs is mounted, is it mean, that there was an error during
mounting ramdisk?
Why /dev/rootfs is still mounted? And why ramdisk is mounted in read-only
mode?

Here it is my default settings to grub-bootloader:
root=(fd0)
kernel=/boot/vmlinuz.gz root=/dev/ram0 load_ramdisk=1
initrd=/initrd.gz

Modified with rw option:
root=(fd0)
kernel=/boot/vmlinuz.gz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc rw load_ramdisk=1
initrd=/initrd.gz

Cheers,YP

-
Mr. Yaroslav Popovitch yp@sot.com - tel. +372 6419975
SOT Finnish Software Engineering Ltd. - fax +372 6419975
Kreutzwaldi 7-4, 10124 TALLINN - http://www.sot.com
ESTONIA - http://bestlinux.net