[ANNOUNCE] procps 2.0.10

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 08:35:40 EST

                Procps 2.0.10

Procps is the package containing various system monitoring tools, like
ps, top, vmstat, free, kill, sysctl, uptime and more. After a long
period of inactivity procps maintenance is active again and suggestions,
bugreports and patches are always welcome on the procps list.

The plan is to release a procps 2.1.0 around the time the 2.6.0 kernel
comes out, with regular releases until then. Code cleanups and all kinds
of enhancements are welcome.

You can download procps 2.0.10 from:

        http://surriel.com/procps/procps-2.0.10.tar.bz2

If you have feedback (or patches) for the procps team, feel free to
mail us at:

        procps-list@redhat.com

NEWS for version 2.0.10 of procps

* fix memory size overflow in ps (Anton Blanchard)
* add iowait statistics to top (Rik van Riel)
* update top help text (Denis Vlasenko)
* fix jumpy percentage formatting in top (Denis Vlasenko)
* fix some newer gcc compiler warnings (Denis Vlasenko)
* by default, do not show threads in ps or top - you can use the
  `-m' flag in ps or the `H' key in top to show them (Robert Love)

Rik

--
A: No.