Re: PC speaker dead in 2.5.40? (resend)

From: Joseph Fannin (jhf@rivenstone.net)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 05:27:41 EST

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:14:27PM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 03:08:57AM -0400, Joseph Fannin wrote:
>
> > > Configuring a kernel with Sound support with either
> > > OSS or ALSA, I still get nothing from my PC speaker.
> > > Works fine under 2.4.18.
> >
> > Look under all the submenus in the Input section of
> > "menuconfig" for the speaker entry and enable it.
> >
> > There's a good technical reason why the speaker is an input
> > device, but hiding it in the menus is *bad*.
>
> Send me a patch that fixes this - if you know how.

    Resend of this little patch -- vger didn't like the last one, I
    think. This creates a new "PC Speaker" submenu -- it's clearly
    marked and higher up on the "make menuconfig" screen rather than
    hidden away under "misc".

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

"Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot." -- Rusty Russell.