Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Geert Uytterhoeven (geert@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 04:37:17 EST

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > just wondering where the boundary line is. Eg. if i started working on a
> > versioned filesystem today, i'd not be allowed to use BK. I just have to
> > keep stuff like that in mind when using BK.
>
> Worse yet, assuming you work for a sufficiently large company,
> your license is void if or as soon as anybody works in that
> company's name on something BKS (or any legal successor of
> them *) considers as competition.

That's something which worries me. So far my Linux kernel work is not related
to my daytime job at Sony. Sony is big, and it's impossible for me to find out
whether someone at Sony is working on BK competition. I guess the same is true
for other large companies with multiple hands that don't know what the other
hands are doing...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds