Re: QLogic Linux failover/Load Balancing ER0000000020860

From: Michael Clark (michael@metaparadigm.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 00:15:48 EST

On 10/07/02 12:54, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 18:14, GrandMasterLee wrote:
>

>>I just reassigned all my LUNs to be a part of the same host
>>configuration on the storage(polling by HBAs and host, versus splitting
>>LUNs by HBA). I do get more than 1 LUN now, but only EVEN luns. I'll see
>>if I can identify why that is.
>

> After defining LSI in drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c I can get half my luns,
> but still not all. I'm not sure what else I need to do. I now can see
> LUNs 0,2,4,6,8, etc but not 1,3,5,7,etc. I'm not sure what else to do,
> but maybe now that I've done this, I can get information from QLogic
> about what should be happening. Or does this still seem like a kernel
> config issue?

So sparse lun scanning is working then - sounds like your missing luns
is a problem with your array configuration as the kernel is probing them
(if it is was creating the even ones) - means the qlogic driver must
not be able to see these luns. Not familiar with your array so can't
help any more - your array vendor would probably be the most help.

~mc