Support for Mount Rainier / Packet Writing

From: Jure Repinc (jlp@holodeck1.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 15:25:24 EST

Hi all.

Now that feature freeze is just around the corner I would like to ask
you if we will get support for packet writing in the 2.6/3.0 kernel. It
would be especialy nice to have support for Mount Rainier which enables
easy use of CD-RWs and that would help people (especially newbies) that
use CD-RWs a lot.

There are some patches from Jens Axboe that are available here:
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/packet/2.5/

Are patches these OK for this or would support have to be completely
rewriten?

Thanks in advance for any information about this important feature for
many people.

--
Live long and prosper!